All right, everyone! *claps hands. Pitch Wars. Let’s do this.
To those of you I haven’t had the pleasure of getting to know (yet), I go by E.S. Wesley. I’m participating in the 2015 #pitchwars contest, and I couldn’t be happier about it. But Christopher Keelty over there set up this handy little get-to-know-you shindig for the #pitchwars participants, and I thought I’d drop in and say “hey” as well.
- I’m married to the love of my life (hi Shelly!)
- I live in Texas (so, so , SO stinking hot–I go outside and smell burning hair, which is interesting, because I have none)
- I’ve been writing since I was in third grade (when my teacher gave me extra writing assignments to keep me from falling out of my chair from boredom)
- I spent MANY years as a youth pastor (all you guys and gals still rock–let’s get coffee!)
- I also sing and play the guitar (I sang my wife down the aisle at our wedding–people cried ugly tears)
- I have an unhealthy love of Fullmetal Alchemist and Final Fantasy (the old stuff–none of that newfangled flashy whatchamacallits)
- I also have an unhealthy addiction to soup (soup makes everything better–eat some … eat some NOW!)
As far as the writing goes, I write YA sci-fi and fantasy, with a dash of middle grade and this awesome idea for a YA contemporary, if I can finish all the other ideas first. The manuscript I’m submitting to #pitchwars is a YA sci-fi involving a memory-stealing phenomenon, an honor student with the heart of a kidnapper, a language-disabled comic artist, and a reality-bending freak child. You want it. You know you want it.
Oh, and if I win #pitchwars, I’m going to take the money and buy a trip on a Disney cruise. (Wait … what? There’s no money? What am I doing this for, then?)
“Honey, I’m going to go get some phō down the street!”
… … … …